Thursday, November 20, 2014

Big 18...?

What do people call an 18th birthday? 16 is "Sweet 16", isn't there some sort of pet name for 18?

This may seem random and slightly off-topic (it is not, let me assure you) but I am bringing it up because this weekend (starting tomorrow) I am celebrating my 18th birthday!

Those who know me know that my actual birthday is really until late December, but I'm celebrating it early this year. What am I doing, you might ask? Two words:

Seahawks Game.

Yes, that's right! I'm going to Seattle for the weekend to attend my very first ever Seahawks football game! They have been my favorite team ever since I started watching football (so like...when I was 9-10 ish) but I have never seen them in person. This Sunday, I will be at (perhaps) the most important and anticipated game of the football season. I am extremely excited! The game is at 1:05pm, so you might see me on t.v. if you're looking closely :)

Also in Seattle we have plans to go to the Space Needle (which I haven't been to since I was but a wee lass), possibly to the aquarium, to the Ripley's Believe it or Not traveling exhibit (really excited about that!) and see an Imax movie (shopping, shopping too will be in there).

Okay, so enough about that, we have more pressing matters to discuss.

*clears throat*

MOCKINGJAY

COMES

OUT

TONIGHT!

I am going to see it at eight (which is in like, 2 hours). I am FREAKING OUT because I know it is going to be FABULOUS! For those of you who don't follow the Hunger Games trilogy, Mockingjay is the third book/movie in the Hunger Games trilogy. I am very frustrated, though, that they're splitting Mockingjay (the book) into two movies. And they're torturing us by making us wait a whole YEAR in between them!!

Speaking of waiting - I don't believe I ever mentioned how addicted I am to Sherlock now. Sherlock (and I'm talking the BBC show here) is that WONDERFULLY FANTASTIC FEELS-Y show that Elly got me hooked on whilst (:D Elly word) visiting her in ABQ. I had my reservations, but basically five minutes into the first episode, I was hooked. It is a truly great t.v. show and if you ever have the chance, WATCH IT! (WARNING: the fandom is a bit...erm...insane to put it nicely. I warned you)

WHAT does Sherlock have to do with waiting? Well, so far we've only gotten THREE SEASONS (series, if you're British) with only THREE EPISODES EACH! Granted, each episode is roughly the length of a movie, but STILL! That's only... 18ish hours of Sherlock (that's barely anything!).

The next series (season if you're American) doesn't come out until 2016 (we're pretty sure)! I will be off in college by that time! It is very painful to be on hiatus. I am a recent fan, so I've never experienced hiatus before....

....I hate it.

Anyways, the Hobbit is coming out soon as well (I'm sure Elly will tell you ALL about that...she almost cried while watching the trailer). OH! I saw Big Hero 6 and it was UH-MAZE-CHEESE! I will write a post about that later, as well as a post about my Seattle travels :)

Well, until next time, mates!

(BTW I didn't have time to edit this or make it look cool...maybe I'll do that when I get back) :)

4 comments:

  1. /ALMOST/ cried while watching the Hobbit trailer? I assure you there was no "almost." I'm so happy you get to see a Seahawks game. <3

    ... And I'm so happy that you're complaining about Sherlock. <3 <3 <3

    ALSO MOCKINGJAY. THERE ARE NO WORDS. ONLY TEARS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MOCKINGJAY. Don't even get me started.... haha! you cried during the Hobbit trailer :) I was trying to be nice :) and ya.... I am going through serious Sherlock withdrawals!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Liz! I hope that you're having a great time in Seattle :)
    Happy early birthday! And have a super fun time at the Seahawks game tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dana! Seattle was so much fun, I had such a blast!! :) It was a great birthday present, haha :)

      Delete