Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Ellie's Tuesday

Hello. So today I did school. And - I can't believe the words are comin' out of me mouth - I kind of think that I like geometry. This may be in part because I have an Australian turtle praising me every time I get something right.

See?
   Right now it's raining and thundering outside and I'm sitting in the living room with Matty. We're watching Robin Hood. >:D Guess what? It's BBC.
   I also discovered that asking questions and being a perfectionist sometimes pays off.
   Yesterday I got the worst grade on my Week 5 History quiz that I have ever gotten ever ever. I was a mess. I knew the material for the quiz - I had studied hard. But I rushed through and didn't re-read the questions and my grade was, we'll just say, a low C.
   Today I retook it and got a 90% because one question threw me and I didn't know the answer.
   My quiz grade averaged at 68%, which in a perfectionist like myself's eye is probably equivalent to a large black splot on your favorite book (though that's pretty terrible to think about too).
   Anyway, I emailed my AP History teacher, Mr. N, saying how sorry I was about the dreadful thing and that I was listening in class and I asked him about the question I got wrong.
   Well he replied. And he deleted the original bad grade because he "knew I was trying hard."
   So.
   What have I learned from this?
   Two things.
   I will never ever ever rush through a quiz that way again.
   And it always pays to ask the teachers intellectual questions and openly regret bad grades and participate in class so they know you care.
-Ellie

1 comment:

  1. wow. that was inspirational *sniff* HAHAHA!!! :) seriously though, well done :)

    ReplyDelete